Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Endo Visit


Today, was my visit to my Endocrinologist. My A1C came in at 7.2, down from 7.5, which for being on NPH and Humalog is pretty decent. However, I'll be getting my pump as soon as my primary doctor okays the actual pods. (I have no clue how they were stupid enough to forget that...) So, soon enough I'll hopefully be able to bring it under 7. 

I also asked my endo about getting a CGM. As soon as I am comfortably on the pump he is going to okay it! And I'm looking into possibly getting the iBGstar meter, which my doctor started talking about and I already knew where he was going with it when he mentioned Apple. 

Also, insurance companies that make you get referrals are dumb. I have been going to this endocrinologist  for the majority of my life. There is a reason for that. I shouldn't have to get my primary doctor to give me permission to see him.

Other than that little mishap that occurred with the referral today has been a good day. Let's hope I can continue this drive I have to better my control on my diabetes and have even better results in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment